Thursday, May 7, 2020

OSR and Adjacent Systems Comparison Chart


For a while now I’ve been wanting to run a casual megadungeon game, just to get a better sense of the old school style of fantasy ttrpg play. In order to do that, I needed a system. And there are a lot of systems.

So I began to read through them, the most commonly recommended ones. And then I decided to write down my findings to keep track of what game did what differently. And then… well. By the time I realized what I had committed to I was already knees-deep in it. You can find the monstrosity down below. Hopefully it benefits someone.


I tried to choose the systems I see thrown around most often on the various osr interwebs, plus a few of my personal favorites (creator’s privilege).

While I was at it, I also decided to do a quick write-up, no more than 200 words each, of my thoughts on some of the systems. That will be in another, coming soon, blogpost. As soon as I can manage to get this blasted cloak untangled.

No comments:

Post a Comment